New at the Library this week:
We have added many new adult fiction items this week. They include two Christian fiction books by Misty M. Beller, “Freedom in the Mountain Wind” and “Love’s Mountain Quest”. These books are each part of a different series, and we have additional books ordered to complete the series where possible.
Large print fiction includes “The Fallen” by Ace Atkins; “Guest List” by Lucy Foley; and “The Summer House” by James Patterson.
Additional adult fiction selections include “Tools of the Traitor” by Lucy Averill; “Elevator Pitch” by Linwood Barclay; “Last Flight” by Julie Clark; “The Assassination Option” by WEB Griffin; “Persuasion” by Iris Johansen; “A Fine Retribution” by Dewey Lambdin; “The Girl from Widow Hills”, another book by Megan Miranda; and “Hush” by James Patterson.
Some adult non-fiction additions are “So You Want to Talk About Race” by Ijeoma Oluo; “Trump and the American Future” by Newt Gingrich; “Adios, America!” by Ann H. Coulter; “If you Tell: a true story of murder, family secrets, and the unbreakable bond of sisterhood” by Gregg Olsen; and “Covid-19: the pandemic that never should have happened and how to stop the next one” by Debora MacKenzie.
New magazines this week are Taste of Home, Birds & Blooms, Country, Country Woman, Farm & Ranch, Woman’s Day, People, North Dakota Outdoors and North Dakota Water.
Adult Book Group
The Adult Book Discussion group will meet on Tuesday, September 1st at 10 AM in the West Room. The book the group is reading is “Strange But True” by John Searles, a fiction selection that involves a family that must confront secrets buried and lies told. If you are interested, pick up a copy at the circulation desk.
The Heart of America Library is now open to the public and will return to our regular operating hours. There are some guidelines, and we ask the cooperation of patrons:
- If you are sick or feeling unwell please do not come to the library – opt for delivery or curbside pickup.
- If you would rather not come into the library, we will continue to do delivery and curbside pick-up.
- If you would like to come into the library we will be here for regular hours.
- Children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please put all returns in the book drop outside – items will continue to be quarantined for a week.
- Social distancing is encouraged.
- Reading newspapers and use of personal devices will be allowed – only one patron per table.
- Only two public computers will be available.
- The bathrooms will be closed to the public.
Story Time is cancelled until further notice.
The Heart of America Library has a Facebook page!
Like us and get all the up to date information about
what’s happening at the Library!
The Heart of America Library
is an equal opportunity provider and employer.